the spencer/perkins house!

Friday, August 20, 2010

southern hospitality!

arrived in jackson mississippi yesterday! flew out of seattle at 7-and as i got on the plane (crying, yes) i sat next to a soldier going to iraq so i realized i better suck it up! (funny how god does things like that!) only problem with sitting next to him was he talked the whole 4 hours and i had pulled an all nighter, but ya win some, ya lose some! got into Dallas and switched to a rikkity little jet, wasn't too pleased! for those of you who know me and have heard my family's near fatal plane ride know i HATE flying! but i slept the whole trip! they ended up losing my luggage..so that was really neat, but a girl from the house im living at, Kari, came to pick me up so i was very thankful that i didnt have to cab it! and i dont know how it came up, but her favorite movie is also anne of green gables which in a weird way made me feel right at home! It is very hot here, but its more than hot, its humid and sticky! but they said its been coolin down so im hopin that trend sticks! i got my bags late last night, for those of you who were worried, but my phone is doin funny things and iv lost some numbers, i am workin on gettin that sorted out! walked around campus today and i def stand out (i counted a whoppin 1 other white person! lol) and the time difference is not all that off, but the 2 hours has been kinda weird for me to get used to! saw my first cocroach today (will post pictures!) and yesterday ate catfish for the first time from this little corner store called boston-they say its the best on campus! i liked it! i can tell im gonna gain like 87 lbs while im here! im hopin i just sweat some of it out! haha! im off to go meet with some advisors about classes etc..then gettin to know people at the perkins center! ill try and keep this up-to-date...love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Katester, The adventure has started! Soooo good to hear from U so soon. We're delighted you got there safely and were highly sure you would stand out, more than just a little bit!

    You are definitely your grandfathers girl, I to love catfish.

    Stay away from those french fries however

    We got our Skype Camera, so we're ready whenever you are for a video call.

    We love you & hold you in our prayers all the
    while.

    G & G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly!

    Sounds like things are going well..with the exception of your bag getting lost and the bumpy small plane. That was just a litle bump to make you be happy that you are finally there and starting a new chapter in your life! I am so excited to see what God has instore for you! This will be such an amazing time and know you will come home in December filled with God's grace and I can't wait for you to share it!

    I love you dearly friend! You are forever in my heart and in my prayers.

    infinite x's and o's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna be keepin an eye on you Ms. Hunter...watch out for all of the Jackson boys!! Miss ya already and I hope you have a life changing semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks joseph! i keep thinkin ill see you when i get back, but i wont:( know that im thinkin about ya and if you need prayer, you know who to call! im already learnin A LOT, about the culture here but about myself too! it'll be interesting! lookin at all your guys' pics tho makes me want to come meet up with ya'all!

    ReplyDelete