the spencer/perkins house!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

ohhhh....so thats what it feels like

last night was the first time that hatred/misunderstanding of me was acted out...im sure there are plenty of people here that wonder why im here or that dont like me simply because of the color of my skin, but no one has said it or acted in a way that would let me know. Last night however, i went out to a club with some girls after the football game. Its delta week, one of the girls in the house is a delta so we've been busy with events and they were holdin somethin after the game...
Anyways, i went and yes i was the only white person there but i didnt feel that i stuck out all that much until a man asked me to dance...i kindly declined...then he tried to grab me and i threw his hand to the side and turned to walk away...next thing i know he is pouring his beer on my head!!! half of me was mad and half of me wanted to laugh(i hear beer is good for your hair!!! haha)...and i guess a little part of me wanted to cry! The girls i was with were just as upset as i was...i was thankful they had my back...but heres the interesting thingg....one of em said "he knows better than to do that to a black woman" and i thought he should kno better than to do it to ANYONE!
but everything here is a race thing and i know im not gonna change the world while im here but a good discussion came out of it with the girls and i guess thats all i wish while im here; to talk about the tough stuff that no one wants to say! Now mom, dad, grandpa, grandma...whoever read this and got nervous or scared for me, that's not why i wrote this...i am not any more afraid or scared as i was before this happened. If anything i feel enlightened...just wanted to share the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment