the spencer/perkins house!

Friday, December 10, 2010

"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you and I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing.
And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road although I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."

My mom gave me this prayer a few years back, i keep it above my bed so that i can read it daily! [excpet i left it at home:( ] lately i have been trying to figure out why did i come here? why am i leaving? what do i do when i get home? did i do things right here? did i use my time, resources wisely? etc... and its been overwhelming! but today i rememered the prayer, looked it up and it was EXACTLY what i needed to read!  i have to remember that this is only a small part of my road and i may not be able to see as far ahead as i would like! but i love that part that says "the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you and I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing. " all i can hope is that i do have that desire in all that im doing and that it is the driving force behind all my actions!
update: this is my last full day in mississippi, im trying to fit everyone in for goodbye's and as much as i want to hug everyone and say goodbye part of me wants to crawl back in bed and go to sleep so i can just wake up and leave...hate goodbye's! but i'v also been getting texts and calls from people back home and it reminds me that i have the coolest, most amazing community around me and as hard as it is to leave, nothing compares to what i have at home! i was going to stop blogging the day i left but there are just too many things im left to process and i think i will learn and realize even more when im able to go home and compare...so im not signin off yet...the learning continues! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment