the spencer/perkins house!

Monday, October 25, 2010

im in a little bit of a funk right now...heres the story...

last week i was walking home from the gym...it wasnt dark yet, but it was gettin there. A nice blue car rolled past me, after passing me it turned around and came up behind me. At first i thought...just keep walkin! but then the window rolled down and a heard a mans voice say "you good?" ("you need a ride?") i said, ya im alright, thanks tho! he said, alright i was just checkin, i'v seen you on campus, dont want ya to get snatched up! i kinda snickered and said...well if i got in a car with you you could snatch me up! he laughed and said "i feel you, its not like that tho...i see you talkin to lil joe everyday, you seem like a good person, just thought you could use a ride!" ...so i said, well i appreciate the offer, i kinda like walkin anyways! he said, alright, well take it easy...let me kno if you ever got problems on campus! i said "sure will, preciate it!" he drove off, i thought nothin about it!
2 nights later i went to the football game then out with some girls afterwards! lil joe was at the club, so you aready know i spent some good quality time talkin to him!haha! and while i was talkin to him, i look up and there was the guy with the blue car...and we just looked at eachother, it wasnt an awkward stare and it wasnt a sexual thing...it was weird tho, he looked at me for a good 5-10seconds, then looked at joe, then back at me...then smiled! i kinda laughed then went back to my conversation with joe! on my end it just felt affirming, like he wa supporting me, even if just in that moment...because most people were prob wondering, why did she come to the club to talk to lil joe?! i dunno, i really cant explain it, and maybe im making it all up in my head because i want it to mean something.
 But today i found out that a student from jsu passed away...(and im not gonna give his name) but it was him!  I dont think that i could have done anything to stop it, but for some reason im feelin really sick about it! i think part of it is because i labeled him the second i saw him...i assumed he pulled over with motivations other than pure kindness. and i think he could sense that...i think most people can! so i am thankful to him for reminding me to put faith in people..and not only when i feel they "deserve" it, but simply because they are alive on this earth with me. It is also just a reminder to live life to the fullest, i think its easy for me to get caught up in outcomes, consequences or just my own thought process when whats really important is that i engage in whats in front of me.
anyways,  if you think about it, say  alittle prayer for his family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment