the spencer/perkins house!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"so i never actually am alone, i just aways feel alone..."

i was walkin around campus today...and i kept playin "fear" by drake on my i-pod...it has seemed to capture my mood lately...today has been one of those days iv felt completely overwhelmed by people and yet never felt more alone! Walkin down the plaza i had at least 30 people say hey or come up to talk and after each one walked away i wanted to punch them, haha! ok, maybe not punch them....but i kinda wanted to scream! because NOT one single person had a genuine conversation with me! im feeling very much like sometimes the only reason people stop and talk is to be seen talking to me...i am the token white girl on campus! and i dont mind wavin and sayin hey and i LOVE meetin new people but it gets old...its one of those things that when you feel you're continually pouring out you want to be poured into! All that to say, this experience has made me appreciate community on a whole new level!
i LOVE to be known and to really know other people and i dont feel as if i truly know a single person here or vice versa...and when i think about home i can ONLY think of a community that has surrounded and supported me and who really knows me!  and i guess that plays into this lonely feeling...not only that im without you all, but that im frustrated with myself that i havent met or made a friend like that with someone here!
but while im all sentimental and vulnerable i really would just like to take a min to thank you...my community and support group-friends, family, church members, mentors, teachers who get me and who root for me! the only thing i have to lean on sometimes when i "feel" alone is the facts...that i am most certainly NOT alone! thank you for the continued support and prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment