the spencer/perkins house!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

all good things come to an end...

so im sitting here reflecting on the last couple of days (and to be honest, im shedding a few tears) but they arent all sad...i am just SO happy that i got the chance to see some family over the weekend! Not only was it a few of the funnest days i'v had for awhile...it was some of the most profound! I'v mentioned that i value being known and knowing others and thats exactly what this weekend was for me...a time to be known! It was FULL of laughter and good conversation! And i didnt feel that i had to explain myself all that much...my dad (and mark) get me so well that most of what i was saying or stuff that they would say to me was assumed, which to me are rare type of relationship!

anyways,When they got here friday we started with a trip around their old stompin grounds...heard some great stories! then they toured the school with me, which was so fun for me to share some of what iv been experiencing with them, they got to see and get a feel for my daily surroundings and environment, meet some of my friends etc...then (after driving around for hours, lol) we got some drinks at a hotel downtown and then grabbed some of hte best bbq iv ever had at E & L's!!!
We got up saturday mornin and grabbed some starbucks, (praise god!) then drove to Nawlins! chowed down on some beneighs in the french quarter then walked around and admired some of the artwork! It was a perfect day, sunny but kinda cool! Then i had my first Hurricane-which just about sent me over the edge! we spent a good 2 hours at patty o'briens and i dont think i was quite drunk, but i was definately not sober, haha...it was a great time tho! Then we left to grab some grub-ended up in a little whole in the wall bar-we were the only people that were there...the bartender (barry) ended up sittin with us for most of the meal! by the end of the night we were takin shots together and takin pictures! Then we went back to bourbon street for some live music at "open door" it was amazing music! Part of my favorite entertainment tho was watching my dad and mark "jam" with the band...they were a little loose if ysa kno what i mean! haha
Sunday after we all recovered,haha, got to sit down for lunch with dr. john perkins-heard some profound things! then another starbucks run with the oldies-which actually we got a great hour or so in, talkin about my experience thus far processing what has been happening and talking about the goals, vision etc for the future! and now they're gone and i cant help but cry because, well one, im a crier, lol and 2 because not only is some of the fun over, but those people, who are people i feel known by, comfortable with, secure in, people i can be vulnerable with are gone! no they arent dying and yes i will see them soon, but it was such a relief to be with them this weekend and not have to think! we had some great conversations but i didnt really have to process anything or make any big decisions! lately i have just felt mentally and emotionally drained and having them here this weekend allowed me to just let go for a couple of days!
Feel like got a little breathe of life breathed back into me and now i can finish the semester strong with faith and confidence in what i am doing! forever grateful for the lessons learned this weekend...but more than wisdom and great advice...i thank you, mark and dad for simply loving me enough to show up and be present when i needed it most!

No comments:

Post a Comment