the spencer/perkins house!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

grace like rain...

so this morning when i got up for class i was in a sort of solomn, reflective mood. We had a house meeting last night and a lot of issues were addressed so i was thinking about that and also recently have just been trying to think about the goals i have or want to set before i leave because im realizing just how close that day is from now (6 weeks i think?!?) i dont think its bad to be reflective or serious, but i have been a little too caught up in that kind of stuff that sometimes i forget to just enjoy what is around me!
So ANYWAYS, i walked out of the house and it was sprinkling rain, but i had my northface on so i was thinking id be good! it felt SO good to walk in the rain...it was kinda cool outside and overcast (almost felt like i was in seattle!) but as soon as i turned the corner from robinson street it started POURING!!! not just a lot of little rain drops but a TON of HUGE rain drops! after literally 4 seconds it looked like i had dove into a pool with all my clothes on! i could do nothing but laugh! i just got the giggles for the next couple blocks! Its like god knew i needed a little break-and as i got to school i couldnt help but think of that song "hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me" sometimes i forget how blessed i am...as corny as it sounds, it was just a nice reminder...

p.s. for those of you that were worried about me being SOPPING wet, no worries-i had some extra clothes in my back pack and got a hold of a friend on campus! i changed in her room and left my stuff to dry!

p.p.s only 3 links in my count down chain for my visitors coming friday!!! ( my dad and uncle mark!!! lol-you guys are gettin me through this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment